Functional Aging Specialist Workshop with Dan Ritchie
Sunday 10/23/22 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
CEC’s: 0.8 ACE, 7.0 ACSM, 0.7 NASM, 7.0 AFAA
The rapid growth of the age 50+ population presents unprecedented opportunity for fitness professionals who understand how to train these clients effectively. This interactive workshop and innovative certification program will teach you the skills necessary to implement functional training techniques, strategies and movements that are important to your aging clientele. Whether you conduct private trainings, small-group trainings or group fitness classes, the techniques learned here will serve you and your clients for years to come.
Note: Upon registering for the workshop, you’ll be given access to 12 online manuals and 22 videos, the entire FAS online certification (value $399). You are encouraged to review some materials prior to the workshop. At the end of the workshop, you’ll be ready to take an online exam to earn the certification.
You’ll learn how to:
• Properly assess the functional abilities of older clients.
• Design a safe and effective functional exercise program for low-, moderate- and high-functioning clients.
• Utilize balance-specific assessments and training strategies to improve balance and reduce fall risk.
Cost: $199.00 before 9/30/22 / $249.00 after 9/30/22
HIIT Just Got Real Certification with Sonja Friend-Uhl
Sunday 10/23/22 7:00 am – 11:00 am
CECS: 0.4 ACE, 4.0 AFAA, 0.4 NASM
The benefits of cardio and high intensity training are as diverse as they are conclusive, and span the entire continuum of health, fitness, and performance. HIIT Just Got Real by StairMaster offers an easy-to-follow system, comprised of interval training protocols that can be mixed and matched on a variety of equipment. Simple execution and scientifically sound programming provide maximum impact on your small group training program for ultimate member engagement. HIIT MIX can be scaled up or down to suit the participant, space, and available equipment options.
Cost: $99.00 before 9/30/22 / $129.00 after 9/30/22
Pumped Up Strength® with Lauren George
Sunday 10/23/22 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
CECS: 0.6 ACE, 7.0 AFAA, 0.7 NASM
Pumped Up Strength takes resistance training to the next level by utilizing combination movement patterns to create a total body strength routine that will rev your metabolism, challenge your body in new ways, and build lean muscle mass. This workshop will teach you how to think outside of your basic squat and bicep curl. The combination of high energy music, party atmosphere, creative exercise sequences, and our signature Pumped Up Strength Blueprint will have your classes packed and your students wanting more!
Detailed class blueprint
Detailed choreograph breakdown
4 hours in person plus 3 hours of virtual content
Ongoing support inside the Pumped Up Strength instructor Facebook page
Option to join continuity program
Cost: $129.99 before 9/30/22 / $149.99 after 9/30/22
Schwinn® Cycling: Indoor Cycling Instructor Certification with Abbie Appel
Sunday 10/23/22 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
CECS: 0.8 ACE, 8.0 AFAA, 0.8 NASM
#RideRight anywhere & everywhere with the industry’s most up to date, respected and progressive indoor cycling instructor training course. Experience the latest Schwinn Z Bike and Power Console and accurate power provided by the 4iiii Powermeter! Get the tools you need to become a successful and sought-after instructor on any brand of bike in one power packed day. This critically acclaimed certification, based on the Schwinn® Cycling Coach’s Pyramid™, allows you to work smart, break through, fill your room and shine in the studio.
Course also covers proper bike fit, cycling science, class design, music, communication skills & motivation techniques. Takeaways include:
• Power Music® Schwinn® Cycling Signature Music
• Eight complete class design plans
• A comprehensive manual and Certificate of Completion
Cost: $169.00 before 9/30/22 / $199.00 after 9/30/22
S’WET™ Instructor Training Certificate with Jenni Lynn Patterson LaCour
Sunday 10/23/22 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
CEC’s: AEA: 7.0, AFAA: 7.0, NASM: 0.7 & ACE: 0.80
The S’WET™ Instructor Training is a full day of intensive education and practical learning designed to revamp and reinvigorate your aquatic fitness teaching skills! The 8-hour day includes interactive lectures, demonstrations, group exercises and in-pool workouts that will arm you with the ability to incorporate the S’WET™ philosophy and formula for success into your current programming, as well as certify you to teach the in-demand branded workouts we offer at your facility.
Upon completion of this instructor training, you will be able to:
• Teach safe, effective and challenging aquatic fitness classes that integrate our S’WET™ philosophy and approach to water workouts into more traditional aqua fitness disciplines.
• Associate yourself with a leading brand in the aquatic fitness industry with a one-year license to use the S’WET™ name and logo on your class schedules to market your business.
• Receive a detailed Electronic Training Manual for one full class with visual and text guidance.
• Receive a Certificate of Completion valid for one year with the option to renew annually.
• Gain digital access to our subscription-based S’WET™ SQUAD instructor network which allows subscribers to stream video and audio workouts, review detailed instructional guides and presentations, as well as access to exclusive members-only content.
• Receive updated monthly videos included with SQUAD membership to keep your workouts fresh!
• Attend Virtual Meetings with Jenni Lynn Patterson LaCour and her team to continue your education and provide additional coaching techniques and assistance…
• …and so much more you’ll have to attend to find out!
• Must be at least 18 years old to become certified or host an instruction program
• Must be CPR/AED Certified
• Must have minimum 6 months prior aquatic fitness teaching experience
• Must possess a level of fitness to teach a one hour high-energy class on land (deck) and in water
• Must obtain/maintain your own general or professional liability/insurance policy if not already covered by your facility or gym.
• You must also be passionate about our mission to change the perception of aquatic fitness.
Cost: $225.00 before 9/30/22 / $250.00 after 9/30/22
Tai Chi Instructor Training with Dianne Bailey
Sunday 10/23/22 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
CEC’s: 8.0 ACSM, 0.8, ACW, 0.8 NASM
You can learn Tai Chi . . . and you can learn to teach it!
Tai Chi is one of the most evidenced-based forms of exercise that provides numerous benefits to the aging population. This combination live workshop and online certification will teach you the Yang style 24 short form of Tai Chi and give you the tools to start teaching it to your community. Both the online certification and the workshop are approved for CEC’s through ACSM, NASM and ACE. (8 hours ACSM/NASM, 6 hours ACE)
Open the door to this wonderful form of exercise to help you and your clients(!) improve balance, strength, and cognition; lower stress and anxiety, reduce blood pressure and increase energy and vitality. Learn from martial arts expert and personal trainer, Dianne Bailey, how Tai Chi can provide these benefits and more for yourself, your clients and your community!
Cost: $279.00 before 9/30/22 / $299.00 after 9/30/22
WARRIOR Rhythm™ Instructor Training with Ellen de Werd
Sunday 10/23/22 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CEC’s: 0.8 ACE, 8.0 AFAA, 0.8 NASM
WARRIOR Rhythm™ Instructor Training is the bridge between classic group exercise and traditional yoga. With its rebel vibe, edgy playlists, and unconventionally sweaty flows this format will rock your world! We intertwine mindfulness, yoga, weightlifting and even HIIT training into an extraordinary experience. We are where woo-woo meets WAAHOOOOO!
Upon completion of the course there is a Membership offered for ongoing Lesson content, exclusive benefits like discounted rates of professional liability insurance, and an amazing support system to plug in to.
Cost: $149.00 before 9/30/22 / $199 after 9/30/22